This procedure is verified and fully functional on Windows XP as CLIENT and Windows 2003 as SERVER for Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
SERVER – remote computer/server, CLIENT – local computer with Visual Studio
- SERVER: create local user account with same user name and password as account under which run Visual Studio on client computer. Put this user to Local Administrator Group.
- SERVER: run "Stored User Names and Passwords" (over "Control Panel" or from command line "%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr") and add user from step 1. for authentificate to client
- SERVER: Download and install (or copy from client, 2005 version from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger or 2008 version from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\Remote Debugger\) "Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor" *
- SERVER: run "Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor" * under local account from step 1. use "Run as…" and fill SERVER\user name + password
- CLIENT: run "Stored User Names and Passwords" (from command line "%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe keymgr.dll, KRShowKeyMgr") and add user from step 1. for authentificate to server
- CLIENT: run Visual Studio 2005 (or 2008), in dialog "Attach to Process" fill to "Qualifier" SERVER, check "Show process from all users", pres enter
and voila, you have successfully configured "Remote Debugging Across Domains"
* you must use same version (2005 or 2008) of Visual Studio and Visual Studio Remote Debugging Monitor
- if your Visual Studio freeze in attempt to connect to remote server, go to server to "Visual Studio Remote Debugger" to "Options" and temporarily change "Authentication Mode" to "No Authentication (native only)", after that Visual Studio unfreeze and show error cannot connect message…